With the December Intune feature release, Microsoft has provided us with the much anticipated capability to deploy Administrative Templates to Windows 10 devices. There are quite a few settings available now but I know that there are plenty more to come. For this demo I will show you how to deploy OneDrive for Business policies using these new Administrative Templates to Windows 10 devices.
Note: This feature is in preview so I wouldn’t be surprised to see changes and additional policies in the months to come.
- Log in to the Microsoft 365 Portal.
- Navigate to Device configuration and click +Create Profile.
- Name your new profile (in this example I will be naming it Windows 10: OneDrive ADMX Policies) and give it a description.
- For the Platform, drop down and select Windows 10 and later.
- For the Profile type, drop down and select Administrative Templates (Preview).
- Click the Create button.
- From the Overview blade of your new profile, click Settings.
- From the Settings blade, type OneDrive in the search box and the setting names should filter to show the OneDrive policies.
- Configure the settings you wish to deploy. When you are finished, click Assignments.
- From the Assignments blade, select the group you wish to include/exclude in the deployment and you are finished.